Statement of Privacy
The PostopQRS Scientific Advisory Board respects and is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement of Privacy governs the processing of any personal data collected on the website www.postopqrs.com (the "Website") and the Post-operative Quality of Recovery Scale platform (the "PostopQRS Platform") which is made available through the Website.
The Website and the PostopQRS Platform are provided to you by PostopQRS Ltd, with a registered office at Regina House, 124 Finchley Road, London NW3 5JS, United Kingdom. Company number 11080854 (hereinafter referred to as "We" or "Us").
We comply with the UK privacy and data protection requirements as laid down in the Data Protection Act 1998. This Statement of Privacy describes how we collect, use, and protect personal information and data you may provide through the Website.
- Information we may collect from you
- We collect and process the following personal information about individuals who use the Website and/or the PostopQRS Platform:
- information that you provide by registering to use certain parts of the Website and/or the PostopQRS Platform. This includes information such as name, email, address, and other identification details provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services;
- records of your correspondence with us if you contact us;
- any information you provided when completing surveys that we use for research purposes;
- details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any information you provide relating to data entry, including anonymous patient data such as demographic and surgical/anaesthetic details and performance scores on the PostopQRS Platform will be governed by Section 5 of the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Use of your information
- You consent to us using information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website and/or PostopQRS Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computers;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts, if applicable, entered into between us and you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to improve the website;
- We process your personal data for the following purposes: for the operation of the Website and/or PostopQRS Platform, direct marketing, statistical research and analysis. Note that any use of the data on the PostopQRS platform is governed by section 3 of the Terms and Conditions of use
- We will only disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- if we employ companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, we may need to disclose your personal data to these parties for the performance of the purposes set out in Section 2.2 of this Statement of Privacy, or, for example, for sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from user lists, analysing data and providing marketing assistance;
- we may wish to share information with other entities of the group we belong to, or with our research partners for marketing purposes or we may send you information about other organisations' projects.
- if we or a substantial part or all of our assets are acquired by a third party;
- if we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users or others.
- Any third parties described in Sections 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 will be bound by contractual provisions with us and only have access to personal data to perform the described purposes, and may not use if for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal data in accordance with this Statement of Privacy and as permitted by the Data Protection Act 1998.
- If at any time you do not want us to use your personal information to send you any further information, you can always let us know by contacting one of our members through the contact details listed below in Section 8.
- Storing your information
- We are part of an international group and the personal data we collect may be transferred and stored outside of the European Union. By registering and submitting your personal data you consent to this transfer, storing or processing. We will always take reasonable precautions to ensure your data remains secure, please read Section 4 (Security) below.
- We are committed to protecting your security and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to do this. Information that we collect about you is only held as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it is collected, or until any applicable legal obligations to hold the information end.
- Our site may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard drive so that the website can remember who you are. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
- You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Website.
- Below is a summary of the cookies on our website and their purpose:
|Cookie||Time Stored||Purpose||Technical Information|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Session only. The cookie will expire at the end of the session (when you close your browser)||This cookie allows users to keep their session active whilst they are on the site.||The cookie is activated when the user inputs information into the session and contains the user’s session ID. Without this cookie, users would experience a heavy lack of functionality of the site|
|ASPXAUTH||When ASP.Net authenticate the user and expires when user logout.||The ASPXAUTH cookie is used to determine if a user is authenticated.|
- IP addresses
- Like most website providers, we use IP (Internet Protocol) addresses to analyse how the Website and/or the PostopQRS Platform is being used. This information is not linked to any personally identifiable information and is only collected and used at aggregate level for statistical and trend mapping purposes. We may use IP addresses to track the source of an internet-based attack on our website or if required to by a legal proceeding.
- Access to personal information
- The Data Protection Act (1998) gives all individuals the right to access personal information held about them. You can request a copy of any information that we hold about you. Please note that any access request for this information may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet the administrative costs in providing the information. Please contact us at the following address if you wish to make such a request:
- Contact information
124 Finchley Road