News & Publications
Welcome to the PostopQRS news section. In this section, we will provide updates on new PostopQRS publications or presentations at major conferences. You will also find updates on the development of the PostopQRS.
- Ansari BM, Hogan MP, Collier TJ, et al. A Randomized Controlled Trial of High-Flow Nasal Oxygen (Optiflow) as Part of an Enhanced Recovery Program After Lung Resection Surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2016;101(2):459-464.
- Perez Herrero MA, Lopez Alvarez S, Fadrique Fuentes A, Manzano Lorefice F, Bartolome Bartolome C, Gonzalez de Zarate J. Quality of postoperative recovery after breast surgery. General anaesthesia combined with paravertebral versus serratus-intercostal block. Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim. 2016;63(10):564-571.
- Poitras S, Wood KS, Savard J, Dervin GF, Beaule PE. Assessing functional recovery shortly after knee or hip arthroplasty: a comparison of the clinimetric properties of four tools. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2016;17(1):478.
- Royse CF, Saager L, Whitlock R, et al. Impact of Methylprednisolone on Postoperative Quality of Recovery and Delirium in the Steroids in Cardiac Surgery Trial: A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-controlled Substudy. Anesthesiology. 2016.
- Bowyer AJ, Royse CF. Postoperative recovery and outcomes - what are we measuring and for whom? Anaesthesia. 2016;71 Suppl 1:72-77.
- Bowyer A, Royse C. The importance of postoperative quality of recovery: influences, assessment, and clinical and prognostic implications. Can J Anaesth. 2016;63(2):176-183.
- Bowyer A, Royse CF. The future of postoperative quality of recovery assessment: multidimensional, dichotomous, and directed to individualize care to patients after surgery. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol. 2016;29(6):683-690.
- Royse CF, Williams Z, Ye G, et al. Knee surgery recovery: Post-operative Quality of Recovery Scale comparison of age and complexity of surgery. Acta anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2014;58(6):660-667.
- Royse CF, Williams Z, Purser S, Newman S. Recovery after nasal surgery vs. tonsillectomy: discriminant validation of the Postoperative Quality of Recovery Scale. Acta anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2014;58(3):345-351.
- Newman S, Wilkinson DJ, Royse CF. Assessment of early cognitive recovery after surgery using the Post-operative Quality of Recovery Scale. Acta anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2014;58(2):185-191.
- Liu J, Yuan W, Wang X, et al. Peripheral nerve blocks versus general anesthesia for total knee replacement in elderly patients on the postoperative quality of recovery. Clinical interventions in aging. 2014;9:341-350.
- Lindqvist M, Schening A, Granstrom A, Bjorne H, Jakobsson JG. Cognitive recovery after ambulatory anaesthesia based on desflurane or propofol: a prospective randomised study. Acta anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2014;58(9):1111-1120.
- Royse CF, Newman S, Williams Z, Wilkinson DJ. A human volunteer study to identify variability in performance in the cognitive domain of the postoperative quality of recovery scale. Anesthesiology. 2013;119(3):576-581.
- Lindqvist M, Royse C, Brattwall M, Warren-Stomberg M, Jakobsson J. Post-operative Quality of Recovery Scale: the impact of assessment method on cognitive recovery. Acta anaesthesiologica Scandinavica. 2013;57(10):1308-1312.
- Jakobsson J. Assessing recovery after ambulatory anaesthesia, measures of resumption of activities of daily living. Current opinion in anaesthesiology 2011;24:601-4.
- Royse CF, Newman S, Chung F, Stygall J, McKay RE, Boldt J, Servin FS, Hurtado I, Hannallah R, Yu B, Wilkinson DJ. Development and feasibility of a scale to assess postoperative recovery: the post-operative quality recovery scale. Anesthesiology 2010;113:892-905. (Review article of measurement of quality of recovery).
The PostopQRS is now available in the following languages.
- Greek (under development)
Community of users
The PostopQRS has now been issued to over 50 researchers worldwide. Many studies are underway; we look forward to seeing new PostopQRS research in press soon.